Monday, February 8, 2010

I fell in Love by: Amber Guillory & Rayana Ragan

I fell in love with a boy tonight
Our hearts aglow like candlelight
He played the strings of my heart
"May we never be apart"
Before we kiss my heart goes wild
All he'll do is look and smile
Maybe he'll laugh just a little
A small, satisfied, heart-felt giggle
And with this I'm on a cloud
Though we know it's not allowed
Inside I feel the smallest fright
I fell in love with a boy tonight.

I fell in love with a man tomorrow
He soothes my every worry and sorrow
His arms are there to keep me warm
Even through the coldest storm
Knowing always what to say
The stars and moon where darkness lays
Like the sunrise he'll be the day
I never have to feel afraid
With such strength he fills my need
Through it all we can succeed
I fell in love with a boy back then
But boys grow up and boys become men.


For the past month, we have been learning about poetry. We have been analyzing and learn the different techniques of writing poetry. So about a week or two ago our teacher asked us to create a poem of our own. She told us that we could write about whatever we wanted whether it be about food or life. When my partner and I sat down at the computer we wrote about the first thing that came to to mind, love. The words flowed, our fingertips worked as fast as they could while our brains worked hard at rymthing and creating smilies. In four days we are presenting to the class our masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment